VALUE ADDED TAX (VAT)
VAT is an indirect tax and one of the most common types of consumption tax found around the world. VAT is charged at each step of the ‘supply chain’. Ultimate consumers generally bear the VAT cost while businesses collect and account for the tax, in a way acting as a tax collector on behalf of the government. A business pays the government all the tax that it collects from the customers while it may also receive a refund from the government on the tax that it has paid to its suppliers. The net result is that tax receipts to government reflect the ‘value add’ throughout the supply chain.
The standard rate of VAT in the UAE is 5% which will be applied to most goods and services.
Registration:The threshold registration for UAE are
- Mandatory registration threshold - AED 375,000
- Voluntary registration threshold - AED 187,500
Excellence provides services to assist your business requirements in respective aspects:
- Registration: Our business consultants will assist you in registration of your business with Federal Tax Authority in order to issuance of Tax Return Number (TRN)
- Tax Consultation & Implementation:We have dedicated tax experts with a decade of hands on experience with Taxation and can discuss, guide and consult about the tax implications on your company and your line of business. Along with these, implementation of VAT for the Company will be guided accordingly as well.
- Understand business transaction model to gain an insight to the structure of business and design a VAT Implementation plan according to the regulations and business needs.
- Our dedicated VAT specialists will ensure all the transactions to be VAT compliant as per UAE Federal law for smooth functioning of businesses.
- Under new VAT law we will perform scrutiny of the present account system, alongside the suggestion of the accounts with proper categorization.
- Our tax expert team will help you in preparing and designing your invoice as per UAE VAT regulations.
We cover various points during implementation services as:
- Preparation of VAT Return & Online Filing: Tax consultants and Accountants play very important role in VAT return and filing. Their professional advice helps the businesses immensely in complying with the rules and regulations laid down by the tax authority. Our dedicated tax team for the VAT return & filing will unburden you with such hectic and engaging tasks that demands constant compliance. They perform the function of return filing within the stipulated time, thereby, ensuring smooth compliance of the law, and related rules and regulations. We can assist you in this matter by:
- Verifying records and checking related supporting documents.
- Preparing VAT Returns as per UAE VAT regulations
- Determining the VAT liability by taking correct input credit and assistance in timely payment to avoid late payment charges.
- Filing the Returns online.